Training is our major peacetime preoccupation undertaken at different staff development levels from a number of training establishments strategically located in different parts of the country. Listed below are our major training establishments
- Zimbabwe Military Academy (ZMA) is responsible for regular officer cadet training and Basic Officers Training (BOC)
- All Arms Battle School (AABS)- conducts all arms training and regimental career courses for officers.
- Zimbabwe School of Infantry (Z S Inf)- runs career courses for Non Commissioned Members (NCM).
- Recruit Training Depot (RTD)- is responsible for training General Duty recruit soldiers.
Special to arm training is undertaken by different Arms, Corps and Directorates at their respective Corps Training Schools. Training Schools for the Corps include the following:
- Zimbabwe School of Military Engineers (ZSME).
- School of Artillery.
- Armour Training School.
- School of Signals.
- School of Military Intelligency.
- Instructors Training School.
- Medical Training School.
- Ordinance and Transport Training School.
- School of Military Police.
- Information Technology Training School.
- School of Logistics.
- Pay Corps Training School.
- Army School of Sports.